Guillermo Del Toro has described his upcoming production, Crimson Peak, as “a Gothic romance with ghosts,” “set at the turn of the [twentieth] Century… dark and stormy and wind-swept.” He’s been producing a lot of spook shows over the last few years, but he hasn’t directed an out-and-out creepy picture himself in a very long time.
It’s expected that he’ll shoot the film about a year from now. Still, one has to plan ahead – especially when you want some big name, stuffed-diary stars – and so Variety are reporting that Emma Stone is negotiating to appear in the film just now.
There’s absolutely no more information on the film’s story or on Stone’s role, but she’s a proper star and is always welcome, as far as I’m concerned.
Before Crimson Peak rolls in early 2014 Del Toro has Pacific Rim to finish, Pinocchio‘s voices to record and a pilot for The Strain to shoot. Good times.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014