Ronald D. Moore has been trying to make straight-to-series deals, say Deadline, avoiding the need to shoot pilots before getting a full commission. Nice position to be in.
As a result of this strategy, Syfy will be picking up his series Helix for a full thirteen episodes if the i-dotting and t-crossing goes okay in their ongoing contract negotiations.
All we know about Helix so far makes it sound just a little like The Thing, which Moore himself adapted-cum-sequelised on paper just a few years back, though the eventual remake film didn’t use his script.
The show will be:
About a team of scientists investigating a possible disease outbreak at an Arctic research facility who find themselves trying to protect the world from annihilation.
The script was apparently written on spec by one Cameron Porsendah, Untested, but you can read his screenplay Old Nothing online.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014