Steven Spielberg‘s Lincoln still isn’t out here in the UK – we’ve got just another week until it’s out on the 25th. With some thanks to its many Oscar nominations the film is still playing in the US, so this new promotional documentary should help box office on both sides of the pond.
And because it’s a pretty credible and chewy film, certainly more so than most online featurettes, it might even play a significant part in the film’s Academy Awards chances. Well, assuming that convincing voters of relevance, resonance and quality has anything to do with Oscars results.
Here’s an interesting footnote: The Hollywood Reporter are saying that when Lincoln does roll out internationally, it’s going to open with some context-setting title cards explaining a thing or two about the history of slavery and the American civil war. I’m honestly not sure if they were on the version I saw – it was a while back now.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014