Bob Rozaskis writes about the “Son Of Sam” killing in New York of 1977. And how the police got in touch with DC Comics about the block, comic-style lettering.
At the time, I was Assistant Production Manager at DC. One of my jobs was assigning the lettering work, so it was not surprising when I was called into President Sol Harrison’s office and asked if I could suggest anyone. Though the lettering might have had a look of professionalism to an untrained eye, I quickly pointed out that it was far too inconsistent to be anything we would have used.
And for those curious, Michael T Gilbert’s Mr Monster debuted from Eclipse in the eighties…
- Wonder Woman #27 Engages In Warner Bros Product Placement (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Who Let Tony Lee Help Run The London Film And Comic Con This Weekend? - July 26, 2017
- Jared Leto In Talks For Valiant’s Bloodshot Movie - July 26, 2017
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017