Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool
Here is the first full length trailer for Shane Carruth’s Upstream Color. Carruth is most known for directing and writing the low budget, time-travel movie Primer. Following in the footsteps of his debut, this trailer makes sure you have no idea what is actually going on.
Thankfully, the LA Times have posted an expanded synopsis explaining:
A young woman (Amy Seimetz) is abducted and seemingly brainwashed via an organic material harvested from a specific flower. She later meets a man (Carruth) and after the two fall for each other, they come to realize he may also have been subjected to the same process
Just to follow the rabbit hole a little further, here is the first two teaser trailers for the film.
I enjoyed Primer whole lot, even if I thought it was rather unfair of Carruth to deliberately leave out details of the story so we couldn’t figure out exactly what had happend. However, it is still a fascinating indie film that will keep you guessing even after the movie has finished and well worth a watch. I just hope this one is a little more decipherable.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015