The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been a phenomenally successful franchise for nearly 30 years. A true multi-media property, the characters have appeared in comics, animated shows, motion pictures, action figures, on t-shirts, lunchboxes, skateboards and anything else to which you can slap on a logo. Their creators, Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, became overnight sensations and went on to become among the most financially successful comics artists of their time, while also struggling with how their characters had expanded beyond their control.
With IDW about to release a new TMNT miniseries, and talk of an impending Michael Bay movie reboot, Gavin Lees takes a look at the storied history of the half-shelled heroes and where the franchise may be headed in the near future.
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #2 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
- Stephen King’s Firestarter Gets A Remake By Akiva Goldsman And Scott Teems - April 28, 2017
- Infinity Gauntlet Is Not The Title Of ‘Avengers 4’, Says James Gunn - April 25, 2017
- Hawkgirl Day: Celebrating The First Appearance Of One Of The First Female Comic Book Superheroes - April 25, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle First Trailer - April 24, 2017
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017