Vietnam is struggling with its trade deficit at the moment. Especially when it comes to comics. With less than one percent of comics being sold have any Vietnamese creative input at all. And those are usually for pre-schoolers.
But comics are very popular in the country. It’s just that right now, the vast majority of Vietnam comic books and translated versions of Japanese, Chinese and Korean comics – and a smattering of Disney.
What’s more, the pirate printers who print off illegal comic print runs at reduced prices don’t even bother ripping off Vietnamese comics.
The Kim Dong Publishing House translates around fifty ongoing new comics books from abroad, but only two or three Vietnam books – which is ahead of most of the market who publish only foreign comics.
- Marvel Reveals One Of Their Secret Free Comic Book Day Title To Be Guardians AND Defenders - January 18, 2017
- In Today’s Amazing Spider-Man, No One Is Talking About Sins Past, Least Of All Dan Slott - January 18, 2017
- A World With So, So Many Supermen – Trinity And Superman Spoilers - January 18, 2017
- Does Doctor Who Make Another Visit To Today’s Clone Conspiracy#4? (SPOILERS) - January 18, 2017
- Now It’s Time For Justice League Vs Suicide Squad To Make A DC Watchmen Reference (SPOILERS) - January 18, 2017