Setting the record straight, over the holidays I received my comps for the last few projects i did at marvel. The Avenging Spidey trade and the PUNISHER Trade each of which i had a story in. It’s nice to see them in trades as the paper is usually better plus i get to see the issues before and after to see if my story worked. During the PUNISHER issue i was asked to DESIGN Coles wetwork look, Greg Rucka as always had given links to specific weapons and other accoutrements. I then asked the EDITOR if the design work had been done, since this was her first appearance in this outfit he asked me to design the only sticking point was her hair style I had to wait until regular artist had come up with it. I sent off the image below to both Greg and the editor for approvals they suggested a simple knitted mask.
In the back of the PUNISHER trade they had printed a character design model sheet by the regular artist. Implying that he designed the characters look, maybe I’m reading more into this than there is to it. I did the initial ground work and then he went in and tweaked my design….This is the reason why the regular artists on any book should do the design work not the fill-in guy especially if the character is going to be a regular fixture.
Anyway that is as best diplomatic way as i could present it, it sure beats swearing up a storm, being angry, breaking out the voodoo doll and sticking pins into it (i have one gifted from friend , put the name tag on and start jabbing away)(that was my first reaction and original post…see i’m maturing) but credit where credit is due.
Anyone got a scan of the printed version to compare?
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017