In the vein of Phone Booth and Cellular – both of which were derived from Larry Cohen ideas, oddly enough – here’s a trailer for The Call, the latest from Brad Anderson. His script is by Rich D’Ovidio.
Anderson’s previous films, including Transsiberian, Session 9 and Happy Accidents, were always sincere and ambitious. This might appear to be less so, but that’s on having seen just a trailer. I hope there’s more to this than meets the eye, and indeed ear.
I think it’s pretty much inevitable that the film is going to play some tricks on us, the sort of things you know from The Conversation or The Night Listener. These could go either way, but I know a Ta-Dah! twist probably won’t go down too well with the critics. They tend to be rather unpopular these days, as much as I love them myself.
The Call will be along in March, taking over Carrie‘s release slot now that picture has been booted back to October.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014