Such as the comics Green Arrow , Katana, Justice League of America’s Vibe, all featuring characters now part of Justice League Of America. If you hadn’t guessed that from the title of Vibe’s book.
So DC Comics are offering an incentive to retailers to stock up on titles, an extra 15% on top of the discount they already get if they match 75% of orders for Justice League Of America #1 with their orders for Green Arrow #17, Katana #1 and Justice League of America’s Vibe #1.
This will enable retailers to get a better idea of the demand for these comics, as well as giving them added incentive to hand sell them to customers, because their profitability is greater compares to other comics on the stands.
It does also mean there might be a rather large amount of Justice League of America’s Vibe #1 in the back issue bins this summer.
Meanwhile Marvel is doing the same with some of their titles.
The launch of Fearless Defenders, which may suffer sales from conservative sources by having an all-female cast and Defenders in the title
But Marvel will give retailers an extra 15% if they exceed 150% of their orders of AvX Vs. #6 on Fearless Defenders #1, 10% for 125% and 5% for 115%. And just matching AvX Vs. #6 means they can order as much of the Skottie Young Baby variant on top.
For New Avengers #3, they’ll give the same discounts, matched to 175%, 150% and 125% of AvX Vs. #6 while Superior Spider-Man #3 is matched against Avengers Vs. X-Men #11 for 150% for 10% off and 115% for 5% off.
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017
- Jason Inman, The Face Of DC All Access, Has A New Comic Of His Own Now… - January 20, 2017
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017