A Big Two Comic Company editorial staffer got in touch with Bleeding Cool last night. She wanted to share her thoughts on the recent coverage Bleeding Cool had run on tonight’s episode of The Big Bang Theory and the online reaction. She writes;
Hey, Rich! Just wanted to say I LOVE the pieces you’re running about the Big Bang Theory – I saw a lot of people on your boards yesterday up in arms about “not being able to take a joke”, and I think you’re approaching the whole endeavor with exactly the right mix of cheek and righteous indignation.
I don’t think that a lot of comics fans realize how much of a downer it is when something in the mainstream culture basically says, “this thing shouldn’t be for you”…especially when it’s for a joke that’s at their expense! For every poster on your board who claims that everyone knows women read comics, there are literally thousands of people who still think of comics as soft core pornography for man children. And this show is one of the worst offenders in propagating that (don’t even get me started on their idea of lady scientists).
ANYWAY. I love this piece and I hope you keep doing it for as long as you get submissions!
Well, that’s a thought. I’d only ever thought of running this article as a one off. Maybe it’s worth continuing…
- Jim Lee And Tula Lotay’s Take On Warren Ellis And Jon Davis-Hunt’s The Wild Storm - January 20, 2017
- When Dark Knight Fan President Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech - January 20, 2017
- Jason Inman, The Face Of DC All Access, Has A New Comic Of His Own Now… - January 20, 2017
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017