A Big Two Comic Company editorial staffer got in touch with Bleeding Cool last night. She wanted to share her thoughts on the recent coverage Bleeding Cool had run on tonight’s episode of The Big Bang Theory and the online reaction. She writes;
Hey, Rich! Just wanted to say I LOVE the pieces you’re running about the Big Bang Theory – I saw a lot of people on your boards yesterday up in arms about “not being able to take a joke”, and I think you’re approaching the whole endeavor with exactly the right mix of cheek and righteous indignation.
I don’t think that a lot of comics fans realize how much of a downer it is when something in the mainstream culture basically says, “this thing shouldn’t be for you”…especially when it’s for a joke that’s at their expense! For every poster on your board who claims that everyone knows women read comics, there are literally thousands of people who still think of comics as soft core pornography for man children. And this show is one of the worst offenders in propagating that (don’t even get me started on their idea of lady scientists).
ANYWAY. I love this piece and I hope you keep doing it for as long as you get submissions!
Well, that’s a thought. I’d only ever thought of running this article as a one off. Maybe it’s worth continuing…
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018