A Big Two Comic Company editorial staffer got in touch with Bleeding Cool last night. She wanted to share her thoughts on the recent coverage Bleeding Cool had run on tonight’s episode of The Big Bang Theory and the online reaction. She writes;
Hey, Rich! Just wanted to say I LOVE the pieces you’re running about the Big Bang Theory – I saw a lot of people on your boards yesterday up in arms about “not being able to take a joke”, and I think you’re approaching the whole endeavor with exactly the right mix of cheek and righteous indignation.
I don’t think that a lot of comics fans realize how much of a downer it is when something in the mainstream culture basically says, “this thing shouldn’t be for you”…especially when it’s for a joke that’s at their expense! For every poster on your board who claims that everyone knows women read comics, there are literally thousands of people who still think of comics as soft core pornography for man children. And this show is one of the worst offenders in propagating that (don’t even get me started on their idea of lady scientists).
ANYWAY. I love this piece and I hope you keep doing it for as long as you get submissions!
Well, that’s a thought. I’d only ever thought of running this article as a one off. Maybe it’s worth continuing…
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017