Warner Bros. have today held an online conference for their advertising and marketing partners and during the discussion of Godzilla, they gave away a couple of key points that were hitherto completely unknown.
The biggest surprise, with all the pun value I can get from that, is that there will be two more monsters besides Godzilla himself.
CHUD had a spy in the conference, and here’s how their report puts it:
The film will feature more than one monster, confirming that two new monsters will also be wreaking havoc – this in addition to the big green guy.
Immediately, of course, I’m wondering what these other two creatures will be like. I’m not sure a giant lepidopteran is really in the Gareth Edwards style… or is it?
It was also made clear that the lead human role, presumably the part turned down by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, is that of a soldier.
Caleb Landry-Jones and Scoot McNairy are said to be Edwards’ picks for the picture, with the studio liking Henry Cavill.
So the story is set amongst the military, the teaser trailer featured Robert Oppenheimer… they’re going for something weighty here, I think. I’ve got a very good feeling about this.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014