recently visited Leeds for Thought Bubble. (No, apparently not, my mistake) And it appears took a little of the lingo back with him in today’s Fantastic Four #3.
“Pear-shaped” is British slang for something going wrong, no longer a circle – when you are looking at a European pear, anyway. Which, in Europe, we do all the time.
Wikipedia states that Margaret Thatcher used the term when talking to Ronald Reagan but a) it doesn’t sound like her at all and b) outside if Wikipedia I’ve found no evidence that this is true.
But where did Mr Fantastic pick up the expression?
And hell, where did Ben Grimm? Too many late night sessions watching Peep Show? Will Reed start referring to his wife as Big Suze?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017