recently visited Leeds for Thought Bubble. (No, apparently not, my mistake) And it appears took a little of the lingo back with him in today’s Fantastic Four #3.
“Pear-shaped” is British slang for something going wrong, no longer a circle – when you are looking at a European pear, anyway. Which, in Europe, we do all the time.
Wikipedia states that Margaret Thatcher used the term when talking to Ronald Reagan but a) it doesn’t sound like her at all and b) outside if Wikipedia I’ve found no evidence that this is true.
But where did Mr Fantastic pick up the expression?
And hell, where did Ben Grimm? Too many late night sessions watching Peep Show? Will Reed start referring to his wife as Big Suze?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- Advance Review: Tony Stark: Iron Man #1 by Dan Slott and Valerie Schiti – Will Tony Stark Become Self-Aware As Well? - June 19, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Created Fake Covers to Keep The X-Men Gold #30 Spoiler from Marvel Staffers - June 19, 2018
- Nightwing and Titans Both Go Twice-Monthly at $3.99 an Issue - June 19, 2018
- Video Message From Stan Lee at Home With His Daughter JC For Father’s Day - June 18, 2018
- Full DC Comics Catalog for September 2018 + Solicitations - June 18, 2018