recently visited Leeds for Thought Bubble. (No, apparently not, my mistake) And it appears took a little of the lingo back with him in today’s Fantastic Four #3.
“Pear-shaped” is British slang for something going wrong, no longer a circle – when you are looking at a European pear, anyway. Which, in Europe, we do all the time.
Wikipedia states that Margaret Thatcher used the term when talking to Ronald Reagan but a) it doesn’t sound like her at all and b) outside if Wikipedia I’ve found no evidence that this is true.
But where did Mr Fantastic pick up the expression?
And hell, where did Ben Grimm? Too many late night sessions watching Peep Show? Will Reed start referring to his wife as Big Suze?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 21st October 2018 – Batman Vs Shuri - October 21, 2018
- Punisher Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 3, the Last Marvel Netflix Shows? Will They End up on Marvel Unlimited? - October 21, 2018
- From Hilda to Esther – Walking Through Notts Comic Con 2018 - October 21, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 21st October 2018 – Happy Birthday Paul Levitz - October 21, 2018
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018