recently visited Leeds for Thought Bubble. (No, apparently not, my mistake) And it appears took a little of the lingo back with him in today’s Fantastic Four #3.
“Pear-shaped” is British slang for something going wrong, no longer a circle – when you are looking at a European pear, anyway. Which, in Europe, we do all the time.
Wikipedia states that Margaret Thatcher used the term when talking to Ronald Reagan but a) it doesn’t sound like her at all and b) outside if Wikipedia I’ve found no evidence that this is true.
But where did Mr Fantastic pick up the expression?
And hell, where did Ben Grimm? Too many late night sessions watching Peep Show? Will Reed start referring to his wife as Big Suze?
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- Russia Uses Comics To Target Migrants For Looking At Women, Eating On The Street Or Talking Loudly - January 16, 2017
- The First Exclusive Retailer Variant With An Exclusive Extra Eight Pages Too – X-O Manowar For Collector’s Paradise - January 16, 2017
- Could Sony Sell Spider-Man To CBS? - January 16, 2017
- Is Archie Comics Dropping Sonic The Hedgehog? - January 16, 2017
- Even More Walking Dead #163 For Your 25 Cents - January 16, 2017