Here’s an incredible shot from The Blue Umbrella, Pixar’s new short film. We ran a clip this morning, and some details on how the film will be striving for photorealism in a way that no previous Pixar project has.
You’ll see very clearly how much this project is about the lighting.
The image comes from The Wall Street Journal who’ve definitely been given the inside track on this project.
Pixar released an official blurb for the film that suggests Jon Brion’s music will play a very, very important part:
It is just another evening commute until the rain starts to fall, and the city comes alive to the sound of dripping rain pipes, whistling awnings and gurgling.
We’ll be able to see The Blue Umbrella with Monsters University this summer.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014