I was expecting another Godzilla story not a return visit from Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Very bad reading of the tea leaves on my part – Gordon-Levitt has become a rather regular fixture in the trades of late, though definitely a most welcome one.
Deadline say that he’s taken the role of Johnny in Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For, a part originally offered to Johnny Depp. It’s a new part, and all we know so far is that he’s a gambler.
At the same time, Deadline say that Gordon-Levitt’s has ultimately not signed on for Guardians of the Galaxy and somebody else will have to take up the mantle of Star Lord.
In short: Joe is Johnny because Johnny isn’t. But he isn’t Peter, and I doubt Johnny will be.
Incidentally, there are still roles to be filled in Sin City 2 and while he’s not in there as yet, the same Deadline report tosses Josh Brolin up in the air to see if he’ll come down heads.
Stay tuned to see who returns to Bleeding Cool first – Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Godzilla. The way it’s been going today it won’t be long until we hear from one or the other again.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014