Earlier in the week, I ignored some spurious stories regarding the return of Twin Peaks, the greatest TV show in the history of the medium,* but it seems these tall tales may have actually catalysed the earliest stages of a return for the show. It’s just like that time Michael Bay said the internet gave him the idea to cast Mark Wahlberg in his next Transformers film but not a total barefaced lie this time.
NBC’s President, Jennifer Salke, heard the same unfounded rumours that crept around the web, and addressed them at the TCA today. IGN quote her thus:
I called everybody when I got the email,” she said. “None of us had gotten a call about that, not from an agent, not from the writer, not the head of drama… so we’re wondering the same thing you are… “When it came up we all looked at each other and said, ‘That’s a good idea.’ We were all kind of like, ‘Hmm, we like Twin Peaks!’ So, I’ll send some emails today, and see what I can get to come in.
The ‘what’ she really needs to come in is actually a who: David Lynch, the show’s co-creator. If he could be convinced to take part in a revival then I’m sure all of the other pieces would soon click into place. Next most essential would be Mark Frost, his co-creator – and by next I mean there’s not room for a gnat’s hair between them.
I love Twin Peaks and I’d be over the moon to see more – presuming, of course, that what we get is actually good.
So, if e-mails from the President of NBC count as getting the ball rolling, it sounds like it’s rolling. It might only roll an inch, we’ll have to wait and see, but every parachute jump needs somebody to pack the parachute.
*Yep. That’s right. Even after you factor in the lesser episodes.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014