Those of you capable of playing region A Blu-ray discs could do an awful lot worse than Blue Underground’s release of the original Django. The transfer is very good indeed – as good as the original camera negative would allow. Looks mighty fine.
Right now, Amazon have it priced at $12.49, down from the RRP of $29.98.
For extra encouragement, I should tell you there’s a vintage 30-odd minute documentary on the disc featuring Django‘s director Sergio Corbucci and his fellow Spaghetti Western chefs Enzo G. Castellari and Sergio Sollima.
Here’s a vintage trailer for the film. It doesn’t really do it justice.
Incidentally, Argent films have a Region B release of Django coming to Blu-ray in a couple of weeks. Not having seen it I can’t comment on how it will compare to Blue Underground’s disc.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014