Deathmatch #1 came out on Boxing Day and seems to have done rather well. Indeed, it’s sold more than any non-licensed Boom! comic to date. Selling 37,000 copies to retailers (and retailers selling them to customers for a dollar), it has now gone to second print. Hence the new cover above by Tom Derenick.
Issue 2 will be Boom!’s first book eligible for FOC – where retailers can increase or decrease orders closer to the date it comes out. Apparently orders are currently around a quarter of issue 1, which means under 10,000.
Could be have a Speculator Corner item in the making here? Or will retailers use FOC and up their orders?
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018