Deathmatch #1 came out on Boxing Day and seems to have done rather well. Indeed, it’s sold more than any non-licensed Boom! comic to date. Selling 37,000 copies to retailers (and retailers selling them to customers for a dollar), it has now gone to second print. Hence the new cover above by Tom Derenick.
Issue 2 will be Boom!’s first book eligible for FOC – where retailers can increase or decrease orders closer to the date it comes out. Apparently orders are currently around a quarter of issue 1, which means under 10,000.
Could be have a Speculator Corner item in the making here? Or will retailers use FOC and up their orders?
- Supergirl Season 4 to Debut TV’s First Transgender Superhero, Dreamer - July 21, 2018
- Preview: Shuri #1 from Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- The New Fantastic Four Big Bad Is… The Griever - July 21, 2018
- ComicsPRO Retailers React to Batman #50 Returnability - July 21, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga Making Books of Blood, a Clive Barker Horror Anthology TV Series for Hulu - July 21, 2018