Deathmatch #1 came out on Boxing Day and seems to have done rather well. Indeed, it’s sold more than any non-licensed Boom! comic to date. Selling 37,000 copies to retailers (and retailers selling them to customers for a dollar), it has now gone to second print. Hence the new cover above by Tom Derenick.
Issue 2 will be Boom!’s first book eligible for FOC – where retailers can increase or decrease orders closer to the date it comes out. Apparently orders are currently around a quarter of issue 1, which means under 10,000.
Could be have a Speculator Corner item in the making here? Or will retailers use FOC and up their orders?
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018