Along with Batwoman, The Flash from the pen of Francis Manapul, is one of the few DC New 52 comics that is trying something new with the form. Using rarely uses artistic tools to tell stories.Such as the below from Flash #15, out this week. Manapul only draws the last nine pages of the comic, the rest being drawn by the more pedestrian Marcus To and Ryan Winn. And then for the last nine pages, Francis Manapul gives us this, spread across the comic. Spoilers if you squint.
This kind of trick is one you many have been more used to seeing in the likes of Promethea or Cerebus. And it is something totally lost on the digital version…
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017