Along with Batwoman, The Flash from the pen of Francis Manapul, is one of the few DC New 52 comics that is trying something new with the form. Using rarely uses artistic tools to tell stories.Such as the below from Flash #15, out this week. Manapul only draws the last nine pages of the comic, the rest being drawn by the more pedestrian Marcus To and Ryan Winn. And then for the last nine pages, Francis Manapul gives us this, spread across the comic. Spoilers if you squint.
This kind of trick is one you many have been more used to seeing in the likes of Promethea or Cerebus. And it is something totally lost on the digital version…
- Amanda Waller Appreciates Donald Trump’s ‘Impulsiveness’ in Today’s Suicide Squad #40 - April 25, 2018
- Hercules – Back On The Wagon in Avengers #690? - April 25, 2018
- Glenn Talbot Always Completes His Mission – Shout Sheet for Friday’s Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD - April 25, 2018
- Is This the Missing Justice League Comic? (Justice League of America #29 SPOILERS) - April 25, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credits Scene at the End of Avengers: Infinity War? [Spoiler-Free] - April 24, 2018