Along with Batwoman, The Flash from the pen of Francis Manapul, is one of the few DC New 52 comics that is trying something new with the form. Using rarely uses artistic tools to tell stories.Such as the below from Flash #15, out this week. Manapul only draws the last nine pages of the comic, the rest being drawn by the more pedestrian Marcus To and Ryan Winn. And then for the last nine pages, Francis Manapul gives us this, spread across the comic. Spoilers if you squint.
This kind of trick is one you many have been more used to seeing in the likes of Promethea or Cerebus. And it is something totally lost on the digital version…
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018