Along with Batwoman, The Flash from the pen of Francis Manapul, is one of the few DC New 52 comics that is trying something new with the form. Using rarely uses artistic tools to tell stories.Such as the below from Flash #15, out this week. Manapul only draws the last nine pages of the comic, the rest being drawn by the more pedestrian Marcus To and Ryan Winn. And then for the last nine pages, Francis Manapul gives us this, spread across the comic. Spoilers if you squint.
This kind of trick is one you many have been more used to seeing in the likes of Promethea or Cerebus. And it is something totally lost on the digital version…
- Magneto to Move Centre Stage With Cable? But What About Uncanny X-Men #1? - July 16, 2018
- Scarlet Spider Done at #25 and Relaunch For Peter Parker? - July 16, 2018
- Old Man Logan to Wrap With November’s 50th Issue? - July 16, 2018
- Bryan Hill and Rodney Buchemi Create New Kiss Comic, Blood and Stardust, From Dynamite - July 16, 2018
- Sacha Baron Cohen’s ‘Who Is America?’ Exposes the TV Endorsement – Like Brass Eye Did 20 Years Ago - July 16, 2018