Along with Batwoman, The Flash from the pen of Francis Manapul, is one of the few DC New 52 comics that is trying something new with the form. Using rarely uses artistic tools to tell stories.Such as the below from Flash #15, out this week. Manapul only draws the last nine pages of the comic, the rest being drawn by the more pedestrian Marcus To and Ryan Winn. And then for the last nine pages, Francis Manapul gives us this, spread across the comic. Spoilers if you squint.
This kind of trick is one you many have been more used to seeing in the likes of Promethea or Cerebus. And it is something totally lost on the digital version…
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Charge $2.99 Digital For Its New $3.99 Print Comics - January 18, 2017