It’s Awards Season. On the upside, this means a few more ambitious and expensive prestige pictures and a couple of nice nights in, sitting in front of the TV cheering, booing, hissing and crying.
The producers of the Academy Awards today announced that this year’s ceremony is to feature a tribute to James Bond, what with 2013 being the… er… 51st anniversary… um. Well, I guess Skyfall made something of an impression, eh? What form this tribute will take has not been revealed but I’m expecting a clips montage, musical medley or maybe a whole load of Bond actors standing on stage in a row.
Or perhaps all three. We’ll find out on February 24th.
Meanwhile, there’s a new promo for the Golden Globes which is this year hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. It’s pretty funny and they’re dressed up all spangly, like.
The Globes ceremony takes place on the 13th this year and will likely be every bit as absurd and nonsensical as it always is. These awards are given by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which is a club of hacks writing about the US entertainment biz and then voting for whoever they want to be in a room with.
Still, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. Could be worse.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014