Michel Gondry has released his new film Haircut Mouse to wish us all a Happy New Year. It’s like a jazz Ratatouille with coiffeture instead of cuisine.
And a mouse instead of a rat, of course.
Thanks to The Playlist for the heads up.
There was a beautiful blend of techniques in that film, as one might expect from Gondry. I particularly liked the sequence with the two cats in bed which really worked the transparencies for some efficient animation effects, and the shot of the hair in the scissors, which took the cut-outs into 3D.
Gondry’s last film, The We and the I, will be reaching DVD and Bu-ray in France very soon and I’ll be importing that as soon as I can; meanwhile, his next, Mood Indigo, seems set for a Cannes premiere.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014