The tentative categories include best short story, best single issue, best continuing comic book series (at least two issues must have been published in 2012), best limited series (at least half of the series must have been published in 2012), best new series, best publication for kids, best publication for teens, best humor publication, best anthology, best digital comic, best graphic album–new material, best graphic album–reprint, best reality-based work, best archival collection, best U.S. edition of foreign material, best writer, best writer/artist, best penciler/inker (individual or team), best painter (interior art), best lettering, best coloring, best comics-related book, best comics journalism periodical or website, and best publication design.
Despite not being awarded last year, Best New Series and Best Painter (Interior Art) are back as categories.
Best Publication For Early Readers (Up To 7) and Best Publication For Kids (ages 8–12) have combined to become Best Publication For Kids while Best Publication For Young Adults (Ages 12–17) has become Best Publication For Teens.
Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips and Best Archival Collection/Project—Comic Books have become Best Archival Collection.
Best US Edition Of International Material and International Material – Asia have become Best U.S. Edition Of Foreign Material.
There is no Best Cover Artist or Best Educational/Academic Work categories. Of course, as this is all tentative, things may change…
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017