The tentative categories include best short story, best single issue, best continuing comic book series (at least two issues must have been published in 2012), best limited series (at least half of the series must have been published in 2012), best new series, best publication for kids, best publication for teens, best humor publication, best anthology, best digital comic, best graphic album–new material, best graphic album–reprint, best reality-based work, best archival collection, best U.S. edition of foreign material, best writer, best writer/artist, best penciler/inker (individual or team), best painter (interior art), best lettering, best coloring, best comics-related book, best comics journalism periodical or website, and best publication design.
Despite not being awarded last year, Best New Series and Best Painter (Interior Art) are back as categories.
Best Publication For Early Readers (Up To 7) and Best Publication For Kids (ages 8–12) have combined to become Best Publication For Kids while Best Publication For Young Adults (Ages 12–17) has become Best Publication For Teens.
Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips and Best Archival Collection/Project—Comic Books have become Best Archival Collection.
Best US Edition Of International Material and International Material – Asia have become Best U.S. Edition Of Foreign Material.
There is no Best Cover Artist or Best Educational/Academic Work categories. Of course, as this is all tentative, things may change…
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018