If you know the various denizens of Frank Miller‘s Sin City upside down and inside out then maybe you’ll be able to recognise who Crystal McCahill is playing in Robert Rodriguez‘ upcoming film version of A Dame to Kill For.
The sometime Playboy Playmate – a second generation Playmate of the Month, in fact, following in the footsteps of her mother – tweeted the following images and messages throughout December.
She started off by being a bit coy…
What a fun day shooting! Can’t wait to say what it was for! But I have too.
But this didn’t last too long.
Getting hair and make up done for my part with Micky Rourke in Sin City 2. :) fb.me/BGcIpM6J
— Crystal McCahill (@Crystalmccahil) December 10, 2012
Looking at these images, I’d guess she’s not playing Ava Lord but one of the prostitutes in Old Town.
…though, having said that, she did appear to have her own trailer so it might be a fairly sizeable role. I’d need a Sin City expert to tell me what it could be, mind.
I’d like to think Robert Rodriguez is operating outside of the system and far enough away from the norms that standard Hollywood practice need not apply but the way this would normally go down would end up with a ‘name’ star in the role of Lord and a handful of glamour models standing around saying and doing not much of any specific character as the backround hookers.
Mind you, in the case of Sin City, the film is likely reflexive enough to at least partly mitigate such choices.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014