As much as I love Brian DePalma’s film, I’ve been looking forward to Kimberly Peirce‘s do-over of Carrie. Until now, the film was set for release in March – so soon! – but Sony have just bumped it back to October 18th – so far away!
So why did they do this? To better fit with the Hallowe’en vibe? To chime with the film’s prom-based plot points? To give them more time for even more marketing?
Or so that they might rework things a little?
We don’t know, of course. We may never know.
Incidentally, Carrie’s March 15th date has now been given to something called The Call. I was having a hard time thinking what this might be so I searched “the call” 2013 in Youtube, and here’s what I found…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPTHdG-Db_E
What a bizarre coincidence.
The Call, incidentally, was previously called The Hive. It doesn’t seem to have a trailer yet, stars Halle Berry and was directed by Brad Anderson. Maybe Sony just needed a dumping spot for this one…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014