So there’s been a lot of fuss about Amazing Spider-Man #700.
But right now I want to look at another Marvel Comic. Male teleporter Pip found himself recently inside Monet’s body in X-Factor #248, written by Peter David (in our thoughts and prayers, and this is a good excuse to celebrate his work). And he’s rather lighthearted about the situation…Other people also see the humour… well some of them.
Shatterstar lays it out.
So it that it? We all had a laugh, then got on with things? Not quite, In X-Factor #249, there are… consequences.
Now Dan Slott, author of Amazing Spider-Man #700 and the upcoming Superior Spider-Man is a similar writer to Peter David, with similar sensibilities. He’s already written a comic for Marvel that specifically looked at the real world legal and moral implications of superheroic fantasical situations. Whatever happens in Superior Spider-Man #2, whatever we thought might have been about to happen in Amazing Spider-Man #700, there will be consequences…
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017
- Warren Ellis, On Whether Nazis Should Be Punched In The Face, Or Not - January 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017