I love Spinal Tap and found The Last Exorcism to be hugely intriguing but I tend not to like found footage or mock documentary films. I feel that they rarely manage to use the conceit to any good that offsets their self-conscious fakeness enough.
2012 was a good year for these subgenres, however. Here are trailers for five of the best.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcaQQZVjXQs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEx7XqIeyvM
REC 3 is a bit of a cheat, perhaps, as only parts of the film are in the “found footage” style – but that’s part of what made it work. Only part, mind.
I suppose the following merits an honorable mention despite the film itself being a rather uneven experience, not to mention a film that seemed curiously fearful of women. Still, it did have a few good creepy moments.
I should probably warn you that this is a red band trailer.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LfLDeXLmAw
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014