Along with Valiant and Dynamite, this was announced at New York Comic Con. And now we have a date.
Boom! Studios will join Diamond’s FOC program, which stands for Final Order Cut-Off in which retailers can change their orders up and down closer to the comics’ shipping dates, to better reflect demand in their store.
The first FOC date will be January 7th, for comics shipping on January 30th.
In an interview for the Dimaond retailer online newsletter Diamond Daily, Boom!’s Ross Richie stated that he hoped FOC would help retailers better reflect the rising demand for books such as Supurbia and Adventure Time.
And unlike, say, IDW, Boom have chosen an FOC date that will allow them to alter the print run after receiving FOC numbers.He also talked about Jim Davis’ team aproaching Boom! for the Garfield license.
We were very lucky in that Peanuts actually approached us about publishing. It was a real fanboy moment. They had enjoyed our work with Pixar and the Muppets and thought there was a potential match and we agreed. The same thing happened with Jim Davis and the team at Paws that handles Garfield. I nearly fainted when Jim Davis told us on the phone how much he enjoyed the Chip N’ Dale’s Rescue Rangers series we published.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017