Along with Valiant and Dynamite, this was announced at New York Comic Con. And now we have a date.
Boom! Studios will join Diamond’s FOC program, which stands for Final Order Cut-Off in which retailers can change their orders up and down closer to the comics’ shipping dates, to better reflect demand in their store.
The first FOC date will be January 7th, for comics shipping on January 30th.
In an interview for the Dimaond retailer online newsletter Diamond Daily, Boom!’s Ross Richie stated that he hoped FOC would help retailers better reflect the rising demand for books such as Supurbia and Adventure Time.
And unlike, say, IDW, Boom have chosen an FOC date that will allow them to alter the print run after receiving FOC numbers.He also talked about Jim Davis’ team aproaching Boom! for the Garfield license.
We were very lucky in that Peanuts actually approached us about publishing. It was a real fanboy moment. They had enjoyed our work with Pixar and the Muppets and thought there was a potential match and we agreed. The same thing happened with Jim Davis and the team at Paws that handles Garfield. I nearly fainted when Jim Davis told us on the phone how much he enjoyed the Chip N’ Dale’s Rescue Rangers series we published.
- The Daily LITG – 20th October 2018 - October 20, 2018
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018