Whenever I see Stan Lee at comic conventions, I’m amazed that he seems to have more energy than I do. Multiple panels a day, three hour long signings, opening an event and then going from party to party to party, where he will be accosted by fans, being pleasant and charming to everyone he meets.
And frankly I’m envious. I first interviewed him in the early nineties for my local collge paper in Newcastle, and once again in London for Disney last year. The only difference was that I had to speak up a bit.
None of my elderly relatives seem as fit, as fine or as in good fettle as Stan.There was a health scare last year when Stan pulled out of a couple of appearances but it seemed it was a preventative measure, Stan didn’t actually think he needed it.
He is the one comic book creator that people know. He is the ambassador for our industry. And today is his ninetieth birthday. Happy Birthday, Stan.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017