Whenever I see Stan Lee at comic conventions, I’m amazed that he seems to have more energy than I do. Multiple panels a day, three hour long signings, opening an event and then going from party to party to party, where he will be accosted by fans, being pleasant and charming to everyone he meets.
And frankly I’m envious. I first interviewed him in the early nineties for my local collge paper in Newcastle, and once again in London for Disney last year. The only difference was that I had to speak up a bit.
None of my elderly relatives seem as fit, as fine or as in good fettle as Stan.There was a health scare last year when Stan pulled out of a couple of appearances but it seemed it was a preventative measure, Stan didn’t actually think he needed it.
He is the one comic book creator that people know. He is the ambassador for our industry. And today is his ninetieth birthday. Happy Birthday, Stan.
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017