Whenever I see Stan Lee at comic conventions, I’m amazed that he seems to have more energy than I do. Multiple panels a day, three hour long signings, opening an event and then going from party to party to party, where he will be accosted by fans, being pleasant and charming to everyone he meets.
And frankly I’m envious. I first interviewed him in the early nineties for my local collge paper in Newcastle, and once again in London for Disney last year. The only difference was that I had to speak up a bit.
None of my elderly relatives seem as fit, as fine or as in good fettle as Stan.There was a health scare last year when Stan pulled out of a couple of appearances but it seemed it was a preventative measure, Stan didn’t actually think he needed it.
He is the one comic book creator that people know. He is the ambassador for our industry. And today is his ninetieth birthday. Happy Birthday, Stan.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017