Whenever I see Stan Lee at comic conventions, I’m amazed that he seems to have more energy than I do. Multiple panels a day, three hour long signings, opening an event and then going from party to party to party, where he will be accosted by fans, being pleasant and charming to everyone he meets.
And frankly I’m envious. I first interviewed him in the early nineties for my local collge paper in Newcastle, and once again in London for Disney last year. The only difference was that I had to speak up a bit.
None of my elderly relatives seem as fit, as fine or as in good fettle as Stan.There was a health scare last year when Stan pulled out of a couple of appearances but it seemed it was a preventative measure, Stan didn’t actually think he needed it.
He is the one comic book creator that people know. He is the ambassador for our industry. And today is his ninetieth birthday. Happy Birthday, Stan.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018