Earlier today we ran another example of Josh Hoopes using his Tucker Doud pseudonym on DeviantArt. And then we googled it further.
In July this year, Stratum Comics published a comic book, Threat #1 by Xeric Award Winners Matt Schmidt and Vince Chuter, and Jordi Perez Estevez.
It had a cover by Tucker Doud.
And therein lies the problem. If it is the same Tucker Doud who is a pseudonym for Josh Hoopes, then this is likely the work of another artist also scammed by Hoopes, who may not realise that their work (unpaid) has actually been used by a publisher.
Schmidt tells me they paid $120 for the cover, which was unlike the artist’s samples. The art provided is below, the head was changed from a head inside the comic book as they weren’t happy with the look.
If you recognise your art or the artist, please get in touch.
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018
- He Who Knows Floods Soaks at the Touch of Frank Cho’s Man-Thing - January 19, 2018
- Batman and Doomsday Clock Win Comics of the Year, DC Wins Publisher at Diamond 2017 Gem Awards - January 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead, Wild Hunt, and X-Men Red Top Advance Reorders - January 19, 2018