Earlier today we ran another example of Josh Hoopes using his Tucker Doud pseudonym on DeviantArt. And then we googled it further.
In July this year, Stratum Comics published a comic book, Threat #1 by Xeric Award Winners Matt Schmidt and Vince Chuter, and Jordi Perez Estevez.
It had a cover by Tucker Doud.
And therein lies the problem. If it is the same Tucker Doud who is a pseudonym for Josh Hoopes, then this is likely the work of another artist also scammed by Hoopes, who may not realise that their work (unpaid) has actually been used by a publisher.
Schmidt tells me they paid $120 for the cover, which was unlike the artist’s samples. The art provided is below, the head was changed from a head inside the comic book as they weren’t happy with the look.
If you recognise your art or the artist, please get in touch.
- Now It’s Time For Justice League Vs Suicide Squad To Make A DC Watchmen Reference (SPOILERS) - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics Full (Ish) April 2017 Solicitations – Why Wait Till Next Week? - January 18, 2017
- Future Quest Has No Future After #12 In April? - January 18, 2017
- DC/Dynamite To Publish Batman/Shadow Crossover By Steve Orlando, Scott Snyder And Riley Rossmo - January 18, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017