Earlier today we ran another example of Josh Hoopes using his Tucker Doud pseudonym on DeviantArt. And then we googled it further.
In July this year, Stratum Comics published a comic book, Threat #1 by Xeric Award Winners Matt Schmidt and Vince Chuter, and Jordi Perez Estevez.
It had a cover by Tucker Doud.
And therein lies the problem. If it is the same Tucker Doud who is a pseudonym for Josh Hoopes, then this is likely the work of another artist also scammed by Hoopes, who may not realise that their work (unpaid) has actually been used by a publisher.
Schmidt tells me they paid $120 for the cover, which was unlike the artist’s samples. The art provided is below, the head was changed from a head inside the comic book as they weren’t happy with the look.
If you recognise your art or the artist, please get in touch.
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017