Danny Boyle‘s next is a do-over of Joe Ahearne‘s 2001 TV movie Trance, a noirish twister about an art theft gone wrong.
In the film version, James McAvoy plays the inside man at the gallery who gets a good bash on the head and forgets who he is – and where he’s hidden the painting. A hypnotherapist is called in to try and unlock these memories and the story is quickly revealed to be a blend of the real, the remembered and the imagined.
There’s a piece on the film in the current issue of Empire magazine – the iPad version of which is going for just 69p right now, so check it out for yourself.
Here are the newly released stills from the film that accompany the article. As well as McAvoy we see Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassel, the hypnotherapist and threatening criminal mastermind respectively.
We start with McAvoy wondering around in the underground – and note the hall of mirrors element. The “shifting” and “buried” natures of the subconscious are going to being evoked a lot in this movie.
As the Empire article announces, Trance will be released in the UK on March 27th.
UPDATE: And these other new images were premiered at USA Today. I was hoping their piece would provide a US release date, but it doesn’t. Note how, out of just six images, two of them show us the subject through a frame. I bet there’s a lot more of this where they came from too.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014