Darrin O’Toole released his first comic, Tales From The Void in 2012 at D.I.C.E, an homage to pulp sci fi shows The Outer Limits and The Twilight Zone. O’Toole then re-teamed with artist A. Kaviraj as runner-up in the 2012 Dundee Comics Prize. He then took Tales from the Void to Thought Bubble and O’Toole and Kaviraj and rounded out 2012 by releasing Perspective, a seven page crime tale with a twist, online for free (see below).
For 2013, O’Toole has a number of new books out. Earthruler, a 6 issue mini series launching in early 2013. Billed as “The Superhero meets Inception, with art by Ohio artist Shawn Langley, who O’Toole found courtesy of Mark Waid retweeting some samples of his work.
Spring will also see O’Toole contribute two stories to Markosia’s British Showcase Anthology, a sci-fi/horror book which plans to showcase top fresh talent. O’Toole has penned Singularity which will be drawn by Amrit Birdi, then re-teams with A. Kaviraj to present Bodyjocks, a tale of DNA smuggling.
Next up sees O’Toole move out of the superhero and sci-fi genres and into more occult and gothic territory. Lady Babylon: An Occult Romance is an ongoing series which O’Toole plans to launch via Kickstarter with Finnish artist Juha Veltti, Lady Babylon tells the story of Leila Waddell, muse to Aleister Crowley. It promises to not just look back on their history but move into the modern day with a dark and supernatural love/ horror story that will have more than a touch of Sandman to it.
All these projects have already been completed, leaving O’Toole with an open slate for 2013. So he’s going to start work working on an undisclosed “major reboot” project that he promises will be “a major reboot of an old classic”.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018