Sometimes I find myself, in interviews, feeling quite confident and ready to stick my neck out. I don’t think I’ve ever been quite as bold as Parade‘s Jeanne Wolf, however. Speaking to Hugh Jackman on the occasion of Les Miserable’s release she just came clean and told him what she wanted:
Give us a little scoop on the film.
Of course that wouldn’t work… would it? Well, actually, it did. Jackman replied:
You want to get me into trouble, don’t you? [laughs] Okay, the movie takes place after X-Men: The Last Stand. My character is at his lowest. He is supposed to be able to heal himself, but he may encounter someone who has worked out a way to really hurt him. And there is a cameo from one of the past X-Men in it.
Well played, Wolf. Now go back and ask him which one of the past X-Men.
Of course, there are several other embargoed writers gnashing their teeth right now… I can’t say too much more but… yeah. I might be down to my gums by lunchtime.
Anyway. More on The Wolverine as we head towards its release in July. Les Miserables will be out in the US on Christmas Day and in the UK on January 11th and I’ll definitely be going back to see it again.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014