Toy Story 2 was famously first developed as a direct-to-video sequel before getting a revamp and full theatrical release. This was very much the right idea.
And so I hope it is for Planes, the Cars spin-off that Disney were planning for home release but have now granted a place on their cinematic schedule.
According to Disney’s release, the film will take its bow on August 9th next year.
Planes was planned and storyboarded at Disney Toon Studios. Jon Cryer is starring as the voice of Dusty, a crop duster plane.
Work is already underway on Planes 2: Fire and Rescue, as well as plenty of Planes-world merchandise. Expect to see a lot of that in the stores this time next year.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NGMO6jDyOs
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014