The conversations I had a couple of weeks ago were of the “Shelly has been waiting for this for twenty years. If Will gets it instead, there will be blood. If Mark does, nuclear fallout” variety. Well, it seems calm has been restored.
DC have announced by press release that Shelly Bond has been promoted from Editor to Executive Editor of Vertigo, Will Dennis from Editor to Group Editor and Mark Doyle from Associate Editor to Editor.
Shelly Bond, neé Shelly Roeberg before her marriage to artist Philip Bond, worked on Hellblazer, Sandman spinoffs such as The Dreaming, Lucifer and House Of Secrets, and launched Bill Willingham’s Fables. Will Dennis is better known for the “boys toys”, books such as DMZ, The Losers, 100 Bullets and Scalped. Mark Doyle has carved a career bringing new people into Vertigo such as Scott Snyder on American Vampire, Jeff Lemire on Sweet Tooth and Dan Abnett on New Deadwardians.
With Karen Berger, the women who created Vertigo, stepping down in March, this is very much an emphasis on “continuity”. Congratulations to all!
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017