The conversations I had a couple of weeks ago were of the “Shelly has been waiting for this for twenty years. If Will gets it instead, there will be blood. If Mark does, nuclear fallout” variety. Well, it seems calm has been restored.
DC have announced by press release that Shelly Bond has been promoted from Editor to Executive Editor of Vertigo, Will Dennis from Editor to Group Editor and Mark Doyle from Associate Editor to Editor.
Shelly Bond, neé Shelly Roeberg before her marriage to artist Philip Bond, worked on Hellblazer, Sandman spinoffs such as The Dreaming, Lucifer and House Of Secrets, and launched Bill Willingham’s Fables. Will Dennis is better known for the “boys toys”, books such as DMZ, The Losers, 100 Bullets and Scalped. Mark Doyle has carved a career bringing new people into Vertigo such as Scott Snyder on American Vampire, Jeff Lemire on Sweet Tooth and Dan Abnett on New Deadwardians.
With Karen Berger, the women who created Vertigo, stepping down in March, this is very much an emphasis on “continuity”. Congratulations to all!
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018