The conversations I had a couple of weeks ago were of the “Shelly has been waiting for this for twenty years. If Will gets it instead, there will be blood. If Mark does, nuclear fallout” variety. Well, it seems calm has been restored.
DC have announced by press release that Shelly Bond has been promoted from Editor to Executive Editor of Vertigo, Will Dennis from Editor to Group Editor and Mark Doyle from Associate Editor to Editor.
Shelly Bond, neé Shelly Roeberg before her marriage to artist Philip Bond, worked on Hellblazer, Sandman spinoffs such as The Dreaming, Lucifer and House Of Secrets, and launched Bill Willingham’s Fables. Will Dennis is better known for the “boys toys”, books such as DMZ, The Losers, 100 Bullets and Scalped. Mark Doyle has carved a career bringing new people into Vertigo such as Scott Snyder on American Vampire, Jeff Lemire on Sweet Tooth and Dan Abnett on New Deadwardians.
With Karen Berger, the women who created Vertigo, stepping down in March, this is very much an emphasis on “continuity”. Congratulations to all!
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017
- First Look At The Doctor Who Christmas Special – And A Look Back At Peter Capaldi’s Time As The doctor - July 23, 2017