There’s a lot of reasons to enjoy Pitch Perfect, not least of which is Anna Kendrick‘s musical cups routine. Add to this some good gags, breezy-silly pop music and a strong supporting cast and I’m not surprised the film was a popular hit.
And so it follows that Universal will want a sequel. Speaking to Movieweb, male lead Skylar Astin says he’s on the wish list for returning cast members – and he’s not the only one:
I do have a meeting with a Universal representative next week. And I know that Rebel Wilson had hers last weekend. It’s definitely a talking point.
I’m sure that they’ll be speaking to Kendrick too, and if they can get her – or if they have her on a multi-film contract, and exercise that option – we’ll be seeing a sequel.
The original Pitch Perfect opens in UK cinemas this Friday. I saw it in LA a few weeks back and enjoyed it, with a few reservations about its portrayal of gay characters and a bit of naff slapstick. It’s broadly comparable to Bring It On but certainly not as sharp or well made. Still, I think it’s fun and that’s sometimes enough.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014