Towards the end of last year a list was published revealing everything Steven Soderbergh had watched or read throughout 2010 and into 2011. Perhaps the most surprising thing on this list were the recurrent appearances of Raiders of the Lost Ark… in black and white.
This has inspired cinematographer Evan Richards to correct a number of frames from the film and post them on his blog.
Here are some of the most striking ones from just the opening adventure.
Thanks to Dean Lines for the pointer.
UDPATE: And here’s a video from Indiewire, starting and ending with commentary. I’m not sure all of these points really make sense – particularly about Slocombe lighting for colour and black at once, because I don’t think he was doing any such thing – but it’s at least a presentation of the film in monochrome and that’s what we’re talking about here.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014