Below is the full trailer for Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby.
Originally the film was set for release this Christmas but Warner Bros. thought better of throwing it up against their own first Hobbit film for box office dollars and 3D screens, so now we’ll be getting it in May.
I shall be hunting this down in 3D as soon as I can. There was much talk about the wisdom of shooting a “talky drama” stereoscopically but there’s absolutely no reason not to, and plenty of possible benefits.
Also, I think Luhrmann is a visual thinker. He may get his head around 3D in ways that his colleagues and opposite numbers have sometimes not managed to.
UPDATE: Note that I am now using the UK version of the trailer which just promises the film in 2013, not necessarily May or even the Summer. That’s not as encouraging as I might have hoped for… Both trailers are the same in all other respects.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014