At NYCC, it was announced that Boom!, Dynamite and Valiant would be joining the Final Order Cut-Off or FOC programme at Diamond Comic Distributors. Dynamite in November, Boom! in December and Valiant at… some point.
That point, apparently, is now. Or rather in February. Products shipping on the last week in February will have an FOC for the first Monday in February.
As well as the new guys, Valiant will also join Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, IDW and Oni in the FOC stable.
FOC enables retailers to increase of decrease orders of comics without penalty, closer to the shipping date, so as to make them more accurately reflect the desires of the market.
It is meant to be the last date publishers can set the print run of titles, though of late we have seen print runs of titles given an FOC date after the printer deadline, due to East Asian printing locations, and books allocated as a result.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017