At NYCC, it was announced that Boom!, Dynamite and Valiant would be joining the Final Order Cut-Off or FOC programme at Diamond Comic Distributors. Dynamite in November, Boom! in December and Valiant at… some point.
That point, apparently, is now. Or rather in February. Products shipping on the last week in February will have an FOC for the first Monday in February.
As well as the new guys, Valiant will also join Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, IDW and Oni in the FOC stable.
FOC enables retailers to increase of decrease orders of comics without penalty, closer to the shipping date, so as to make them more accurately reflect the desires of the market.
It is meant to be the last date publishers can set the print run of titles, though of late we have seen print runs of titles given an FOC date after the printer deadline, due to East Asian printing locations, and books allocated as a result.
- 46 Sketches And Commissions Bought At C2E2, From Sharp To Stelfreeze, From Roux To Rossmo - April 29, 2017
- “A Poor Man’s Dave McKean” – A Two Year Long Journey To Finding A Niche - April 29, 2017
- Free Comic Book Day Event Cancelled In Florida Because It Wouldn’t Mix Well With The Art Crowd… - April 29, 2017
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017