At NYCC, it was announced that Boom!, Dynamite and Valiant would be joining the Final Order Cut-Off or FOC programme at Diamond Comic Distributors. Dynamite in November, Boom! in December and Valiant at… some point.
That point, apparently, is now. Or rather in February. Products shipping on the last week in February will have an FOC for the first Monday in February.
As well as the new guys, Valiant will also join Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, IDW and Oni in the FOC stable.
FOC enables retailers to increase of decrease orders of comics without penalty, closer to the shipping date, so as to make them more accurately reflect the desires of the market.
It is meant to be the last date publishers can set the print run of titles, though of late we have seen print runs of titles given an FOC date after the printer deadline, due to East Asian printing locations, and books allocated as a result.
- The Siegel and Shuster Lost Superman Story that Marv Wolfman Rescued as a Boy - January 23, 2018
- Thanos #15, Avengers #677 and #678 Go to Second Print Before Even Going on Sale - January 23, 2018
- Venom to Get an “Epic” in the Fall of 2018… Another One? - January 23, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for April 2018: Launching New Series Analog, Isola, Crude, The Dead Hand, and Skyward - January 23, 2018
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018