At NYCC, it was announced that Boom!, Dynamite and Valiant would be joining the Final Order Cut-Off or FOC programme at Diamond Comic Distributors. Dynamite in November, Boom! in December and Valiant at… some point.
That point, apparently, is now. Or rather in February. Products shipping on the last week in February will have an FOC for the first Monday in February.
As well as the new guys, Valiant will also join Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image, IDW and Oni in the FOC stable.
FOC enables retailers to increase of decrease orders of comics without penalty, closer to the shipping date, so as to make them more accurately reflect the desires of the market.
It is meant to be the last date publishers can set the print run of titles, though of late we have seen print runs of titles given an FOC date after the printer deadline, due to East Asian printing locations, and books allocated as a result.
- Kieron Gillen Joins Salvador Larocca On Star Wars Monthly In November - July 25, 2017
- Here’s What’s In The $500 ‘Infinity Gauntlet’ Slipcase - July 25, 2017
- Marvel Legacy: Guardians Of The Galaxy Start A New Mission In #146, Coming This November - July 25, 2017
- Duncan Fegredo And Laurence Campbell Launch BPRD: The Devil You Know, At Orbital Comics In London Tomorrow - July 25, 2017
- Nine Worlds Geekfest Of London Launches Over 200 Events In Three Days Of August - July 25, 2017