I think we’ve seen Michael Bay bend the truth a little before, and we’ve sometimes seen him come clean. I don’t know what’s really behind a new update on his website but it could just be the man spitballing, could be his way of backpedalling a little on yesterday’s comments, or could be based on info he’s just now become privy to.
Here’s the new update, added as a postscript to the previous one:
P.S. I bet it is something from Hasbro. This time they are not doing a comic book of the movie because we want to keep our story under wraps. It must be their version of a comic themed Transformers story they are creating.
So, coincidentally to Michael Bay making a new Transformers film with a female lead, a Wahlberg-y role and young chap who drives race cars, Hasbro are planning the same?
I don’t know why he’s made this new statement. Trying to figure out that is the only thing stopping me from thinking the whole thing was fake. What’s his motivation here?
It’s interesting to see Bay claim there will be no comic book adaptation of his new film in order to protect the secrets. But that’s a good bit of ancillary income tossed aside there, isn’t it?
Transformers 4 will start shooting in the spring for a 2014 release date.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014