Surfing can be pretty cinematic and I would hope that Drift will deliver on that promise as well as with its central drama.
This trailer certainly has a few “big moments” in it, as well Sam Worthington with scruffy face fuzz and Twilight‘s Xavier Samuel with scruffy face fuzz, and I think I sometimes got them mixed up while watching it.
The drug dealing plot points seem to have been conspicuously underplayed there. Either that or I’m just too used to trailers cut for the drive-in.
Co-director Morgan O’Neill last made a John Cusack thriller called The Factory that seems to have fallen off of Warner Bros.’ release schedule and into some kind of void. Meanwhile, Drift is set for an Australian release through Hopscotch while Wrekin Hill plan to put it out soon in the US.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014