James Franco was expecting to play “a small part” in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, following on from Rise, but he’s told MTV that, so far, he hasn’t been called up to come back. He also told them about a possible scene he was expecting to be maybe in, so do be wary of a potential mild spoiler:
A lot of the human characters that were in the first movie were dead in the sequel that Rupert was going to direct… But there was one scene, between Caesar and my character, maybe even just like on a video that was left behind.
But then a lot of things happened, like Tom Rothman who was a big part of the first movie, left. Now Rupert’s not a part of it so I don’t know. My guess is I won’t be in it. Nobody’s talked to me since Rupert left.
We understand that the new film is set some time after the last, so it could be unlikely Franco would be called on for a large role as he simply hasn’t aged enough. He’s likely under a sequel-friendly contract, however, so if Fox do want to exercise their option on him, we could be seeing Franco turn up yet.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is set for release on May 23rd, 2014. The only other info we have about what it will entail is that the film’s official Facebook page saw fit to post this 1992 photograph by Albert Watson – well, at least until they took it back down again.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014