Earlier this year, Marvel teamed up with Komen For The Cure, an organisation that promotes the awareness of cancer – how to check for it, how to treat it. A series of ads saw Tony Stark testing himself for breast cancer, and a series of variant covers featured the Komen brand.
It seems it didn’t stop there.
I am told by a source that a prominent Marvel superheroine will be contracting cancer in a storyline later this year. I have been given four potential names, though not who the chosen character will be. They are Captain Marvel, Red She Hulk, Invisible Woman and Rogue.
The former would seem the most obvious, in that the original Captain Mar-Vell died of cancer. Red She-Hulk is, in many ways, a living cancer, in that the state of Hulks has been compared to a cancerous form.
Marvel recently ran the One Month To Live comic in which a man gains superheroic powers that also trigger a terminal cancer
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017