Earlier this year, Marvel teamed up with Komen For The Cure, an organisation that promotes the awareness of cancer – how to check for it, how to treat it. A series of ads saw Tony Stark testing himself for breast cancer, and a series of variant covers featured the Komen brand.
It seems it didn’t stop there.
I am told by a source that a prominent Marvel superheroine will be contracting cancer in a storyline later this year. I have been given four potential names, though not who the chosen character will be. They are Captain Marvel, Red She Hulk, Invisible Woman and Rogue.
The former would seem the most obvious, in that the original Captain Mar-Vell died of cancer. Red She-Hulk is, in many ways, a living cancer, in that the state of Hulks has been compared to a cancerous form.
Marvel recently ran the One Month To Live comic in which a man gains superheroic powers that also trigger a terminal cancer
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017