Earlier this year, Marvel teamed up with Komen For The Cure, an organisation that promotes the awareness of cancer – how to check for it, how to treat it. A series of ads saw Tony Stark testing himself for breast cancer, and a series of variant covers featured the Komen brand.
It seems it didn’t stop there.
I am told by a source that a prominent Marvel superheroine will be contracting cancer in a storyline later this year. I have been given four potential names, though not who the chosen character will be. They are Captain Marvel, Red She Hulk, Invisible Woman and Rogue.
The former would seem the most obvious, in that the original Captain Mar-Vell died of cancer. Red She-Hulk is, in many ways, a living cancer, in that the state of Hulks has been compared to a cancerous form.
Marvel recently ran the One Month To Live comic in which a man gains superheroic powers that also trigger a terminal cancer
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018