Earlier this year, Marvel teamed up with Komen For The Cure, an organisation that promotes the awareness of cancer – how to check for it, how to treat it. A series of ads saw Tony Stark testing himself for breast cancer, and a series of variant covers featured the Komen brand.
It seems it didn’t stop there.
I am told by a source that a prominent Marvel superheroine will be contracting cancer in a storyline later this year. I have been given four potential names, though not who the chosen character will be. They are Captain Marvel, Red She Hulk, Invisible Woman and Rogue.
The former would seem the most obvious, in that the original Captain Mar-Vell died of cancer. Red She-Hulk is, in many ways, a living cancer, in that the state of Hulks has been compared to a cancerous form.
Marvel recently ran the One Month To Live comic in which a man gains superheroic powers that also trigger a terminal cancer
- Today’s Secret Empire #7 Revisits That Scene With Thor’s Hammer, Ahead Of The Final Issues - July 26, 2017
- As Of Today, Batman Is Officially A Meta-Human (Suicide Squad #22 Spoilers) - July 26, 2017
- Which Order To Read Today’s Secret Empire Comics In? And How Imperial Are They? X-Men Blue #8, Occupy Avengers #8, Deadpool #34, Mighty Captain Marvel #7, Captain America: Sam Wilson #24, Secret Empire #7, Captain America: Steve Rogers #19 - July 26, 2017
- Infamous Iron Man #10 Rewrites The Reality Of The Multiverse (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Is This The Proof You Need For The Identity Of Mister Oz From Today’s Action Comics #984? - July 26, 2017