The Sunday Times reports that Trainspotting director Danny Boyle was approached by Royal officials for the New Year’s Honour List, after the all-bit-unanimously positive reaction to his Olympic Opening Ceremony in London this year. But he declined, stating that the event for which he was being honoured for was about the equality of the citizens of Britain and that a knighthood would make him unequal.
Brendon’s update: He also told the BBC’s Front Row this week that he wouldn’t want to direct a James Bond film either. I think that covers both of the obvious repercussions of this Olympics short.
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017