The Sunday Times reports that Trainspotting director Danny Boyle was approached by Royal officials for the New Year’s Honour List, after the all-bit-unanimously positive reaction to his Olympic Opening Ceremony in London this year. But he declined, stating that the event for which he was being honoured for was about the equality of the citizens of Britain and that a knighthood would make him unequal.
Brendon’s update: He also told the BBC’s Front Row this week that he wouldn’t want to direct a James Bond film either. I think that covers both of the obvious repercussions of this Olympics short.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017