The Sunday Times reports that Trainspotting director Danny Boyle was approached by Royal officials for the New Year’s Honour List, after the all-bit-unanimously positive reaction to his Olympic Opening Ceremony in London this year. But he declined, stating that the event for which he was being honoured for was about the equality of the citizens of Britain and that a knighthood would make him unequal.
Brendon’s update: He also told the BBC’s Front Row this week that he wouldn’t want to direct a James Bond film either. I think that covers both of the obvious repercussions of this Olympics short.
- Marvel Comics To Send Out Replacement Copies Of Darth Maul #5 - July 21, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes – From X-Men Blue To Batwoman - July 21, 2017
- The Cosplay, Stars And Parties Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 On A Thursday In 125 Pictures - July 21, 2017
- Nerdcore Thursday With MC Chris AKA MC PeePants From ATHF - July 21, 2017
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017