Elizabeth’s Canvas is an organisation that helps cancer patients, and those affected by cancer, by organising free artistic events. Here’s what they say about themselves;
Elizabeth’s Canvas is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that empowers cancer patients and survivors through the creative process. We offer a variety of artistic and inspiring classes, ranging from painting and photography to dance and writing, all of which are completely free of charge.
Well, they have now created a graphic novel, in which comic creators inteview those affected by cancer, and then tell those stories in comic book form. They include Mark Waid and David Messina and it’s published by IDW in March.
(W) Mark Waid & Various (A) David Messina & Various (CA) Jenny Frison
Fighting cancer isn’t just a struggle of the body. It’s also a fight with the heart, and the soul, and the spirit. The non-profit organization Elizabeth’s Canvas has been helping with that struggle by providing cancer patients, survivors, and their family members with art, photography, dance, and writing classes, at no charge, so that they can better cope with their symptoms and improve their well-being. Elizabeth’s Canvas classes are offered inside and outside hospitals, and are grounded in the belief that the creative process can strengthen the spirit and empower the mind.
Now, Elizabeth’s Canvas, IDW Publishing and Blastoff have come together to create this graphic novel, in which comic creators from across the industry interview the people behind the struggle with cancer — the patients, the nurses, the survivors, the researchers – and tell their stories, tales of defiance, perseverance, dedication and triumph. All proceeds from the sale of the graphic novel will go to further fund and grow Elizabeth’s Canvas’ efforts.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018