In the new issue of Doctor Who Magazine, which is released tomorrow, we finally get to find out when the “back end” of the current series will screen – and it’s not as soon as I had hoped. It’s not until April.
When all is said and done, it’s less like one series ran across 2012-13, but that each of those years got abbreviated runs.
According to Blogtor Who, April is also when the anniversary special will start filming. It’s going to be a “love letter to the fans,” apparently. No surprises there.
Meanwhile, Matt Smith is continuing to get grilled on his departure from the show. Here are some quotes from Female First:
We’ve got Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary coming up in November 2013, and one assumes there’ll be another Christmas special after that, and I’d hope to be part of it. I take each year as it comes. All good things come to an end, but my mum is aghast at the thought of me ever not being the Doctor. The show is the star and will continue without me.
I’m committed to it next year and will sit down with Steven Moffat and see where we go from there. I’ve no immediate plans to leave. I’m around for a whole year and that’s a long time.
A lot of folk are going to read that as “He’s staying!” I’m sure. Because that’s what they want. I want him to stay – I think he’s been better at this than anybody else. But I see there, plain as day, that he’s only committed to the next year, there’s not even a guaranteed 2013 Christmas special yet and if there is, he may not be in it.
“No immediate plans” followed by accounting for a year as “a long time” essentially says “I’m off in aaaaaages from now, but on my calendar aaaaaages is one year.”
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014