Ahead of next week’s US re-release of Monsters Inc. in 3D, which I’ve seen and found to be exceptionally fun, Entertainment Weekly have two new images from next Summer’s sequel, Monsters University. Let’s look at the innocuous one first.
Here’s Mike Wazowski, clearly feeling very enthusiastic about starting university.
And here’s a shot that director Dan Scanlon comes from around the moment Sully and Mike first meet at a frat party.
Look at the poor creature hoist up next to Mike. That, apparently, is the Monster World equivalent of a farm animal, a wee critter that the frat have as a mascot.
Of course, in this stylised world, in which so many of our main characters have anthropomorphic variants on animal characteristics, the gulf between “animal” and “person” has been narrowed. I kind of wish these films just didn’t bring animals into it. The thought of a monster eating one of these things just draws a ring around my essential vegetarian attitudes in day glo marker.
But it’s really the pupils that are upsetting me. I can’t quite articulate it… but it’s just giving me the shudders. Brrrr.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014