I was just talking about this run earlier today. It stays strong in my mind, the John Romita Jr/Chris Claremont run on Uncanny X-Men. Rachel as Phoenix, techno organic virus, the Trial Of Magneto, Sir James Jaspers… some of my favourites. And now I have an excuse to buy them all over again. That is if Thomas Mason‘s recently recoloured page is anything to go by.
The colourist for Marvel collected editions posted on his Facebook page a recolored cover of Uncanny X-Men #199, and confirmed it’s for publication.
He was the same fellow who recoloured the covers for Jim Lee‘s X-Men Omnibus, the Mutant Genesis 2.0 oversized hardcover and several others. So I guess it’s safe to say we’ll get a Claremont/JRJR hardcover collection soon…
UPDATE: Sadly not. Editor Mark Beazley tweets;
Sorry, Rich, keep fishing…
- Tony S Daniel, On Leaving The Justice League For Now - January 23, 2017
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017
- Yet More Punching Nazis, Pepe The Frog, Richard Spencer … And Jack Kirby - January 23, 2017