I was just talking about this run earlier today. It stays strong in my mind, the John Romita Jr/Chris Claremont run on Uncanny X-Men. Rachel as Phoenix, techno organic virus, the Trial Of Magneto, Sir James Jaspers… some of my favourites. And now I have an excuse to buy them all over again. That is if Thomas Mason‘s recently recoloured page is anything to go by.
The colourist for Marvel collected editions posted on his Facebook page a recolored cover of Uncanny X-Men #199, and confirmed it’s for publication.
He was the same fellow who recoloured the covers for Jim Lee‘s X-Men Omnibus, the Mutant Genesis 2.0 oversized hardcover and several others. So I guess it’s safe to say we’ll get a Claremont/JRJR hardcover collection soon…
UPDATE: Sadly not. Editor Mark Beazley tweets;
Sorry, Rich, keep fishing…
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017