I was just talking about this run earlier today. It stays strong in my mind, the John Romita Jr/Chris Claremont run on Uncanny X-Men. Rachel as Phoenix, techno organic virus, the Trial Of Magneto, Sir James Jaspers… some of my favourites. And now I have an excuse to buy them all over again. That is if Thomas Mason‘s recently recoloured page is anything to go by.
The colourist for Marvel collected editions posted on his Facebook page a recolored cover of Uncanny X-Men #199, and confirmed it’s for publication.
He was the same fellow who recoloured the covers for Jim Lee‘s X-Men Omnibus, the Mutant Genesis 2.0 oversized hardcover and several others. So I guess it’s safe to say we’ll get a Claremont/JRJR hardcover collection soon…
UPDATE: Sadly not. Editor Mark Beazley tweets;
Sorry, Rich, keep fishing…
- 6 DC Comics Covers for February 2018 from Lee Bermejo, Bilquis Evely, Guillem March, Alvaro Martinez, Shane Davis, and Doug Mahnke - January 18, 2018
- Promethea Joins the Justice League of America - January 18, 2018
- Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl Finally Bring Isola to Image Comics for April 2018 - January 18, 2018
- You Are Invited to the Wedding of Kitty Pryde and Colossus… - January 18, 2018
- Avengers #676 and Ice Cream Man #1 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - January 18, 2018