Also on his DeviantArt page, Murphy talks about his biggest mistakes in his career., Including…
2. Turning down Assassin’s Creed 3
I mentioned this before, but I was offered a chance to work on Assassin’s Creed. I was also offered the chance to work with a lot of great writers over the past few years–one was even offering $1000 per page. But I turned them down to do Punk Rock Jesus.
I’m glad I chose to stick with PRJ–great gigs will always be there, but finding a window to do your own stuff is really hard. But every time I drive by an Assassin’s Creed billboard, see a commercial or hold an action figure, I feel a tinge of regret. And now that I’m trying to put a down payment on a house in Brooklyn, part of me wishes that I’d taken a script more lucrative than PRJ.
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018
- IDW to Publish Rick Veitch’s Brat Pack Hardcover in September - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Pink Time Force Ranger in April - January 15, 2018
- Valiant Issues Correction for Shadowman #1 Glow-in-the-Dark Variant – They Will Publish More Than One Copy - January 15, 2018