Also on his DeviantArt page, Murphy talks about his biggest mistakes in his career., Including…
2. Turning down Assassin’s Creed 3
I mentioned this before, but I was offered a chance to work on Assassin’s Creed. I was also offered the chance to work with a lot of great writers over the past few years–one was even offering $1000 per page. But I turned them down to do Punk Rock Jesus.
I’m glad I chose to stick with PRJ–great gigs will always be there, but finding a window to do your own stuff is really hard. But every time I drive by an Assassin’s Creed billboard, see a commercial or hold an action figure, I feel a tinge of regret. And now that I’m trying to put a down payment on a house in Brooklyn, part of me wishes that I’d taken a script more lucrative than PRJ.
- When Superheroes Get Social Justice Right, They Really Get It Right – The “Books As Flint” Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Teachers, Libraries And Comic Shops Order Bitch Planet Together – The C2E2 Panel - April 23, 2017
- Comics, Censorship, And Turmoil At The Border – The CBLDF Panel Report From C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Will DC Bombshells Become Mothers? These Questions And More At The DC Uncharted Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Rooster Teeth Endorse Your Fan-Made Games At C2E2… - April 23, 2017