Also on his DeviantArt page, Murphy talks about his biggest mistakes in his career., Including…
2. Turning down Assassin’s Creed 3
I mentioned this before, but I was offered a chance to work on Assassin’s Creed. I was also offered the chance to work with a lot of great writers over the past few years–one was even offering $1000 per page. But I turned them down to do Punk Rock Jesus.
I’m glad I chose to stick with PRJ–great gigs will always be there, but finding a window to do your own stuff is really hard. But every time I drive by an Assassin’s Creed billboard, see a commercial or hold an action figure, I feel a tinge of regret. And now that I’m trying to put a down payment on a house in Brooklyn, part of me wishes that I’d taken a script more lucrative than PRJ.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Supermans Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017