Also on his DeviantArt page, Murphy talks about his biggest mistakes in his career., Including…
2. Turning down Assassin’s Creed 3
I mentioned this before, but I was offered a chance to work on Assassin’s Creed. I was also offered the chance to work with a lot of great writers over the past few years–one was even offering $1000 per page. But I turned them down to do Punk Rock Jesus.
I’m glad I chose to stick with PRJ–great gigs will always be there, but finding a window to do your own stuff is really hard. But every time I drive by an Assassin’s Creed billboard, see a commercial or hold an action figure, I feel a tinge of regret. And now that I’m trying to put a down payment on a house in Brooklyn, part of me wishes that I’d taken a script more lucrative than PRJ.
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017