Shel Dorf basically founded the San Diego Comic Con, now a massive media event event, bringing in billions of dollars.
Dying in 2009, he is buried in an unmarked grave in Home of Peace Cemetery.
During the Detroit Fanfare convention, which hosts the Shel Dorf Awards, one group began raising money for a gravestone to commemorate the life of the man.
They are looking to raise $2,200 for a stone the size of his parents’ gravestones, who he is buried next to.
It’s very possible that a reader of this website might be able to find the whole thing. Or maybe just help with a few dollars. You can contact Jill Smethers for more.
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017