As you’ll be able to infer from this single image, the shot of hands touching glass at the end of the Japanese teaser trailer for Star Trek Into Darkness featured the wonderful hand acting of Benedict Cumberbatch and Zachary Quinto.
You’ll also work out that, yes, the camera was on the “inside” as I guessed it might be.
You can click on that to make it huge.
There are still several questions, including new ones like “What’s that on his arm?”
We’ve had a real run of movies where villains get locked up – and in Skyfall and The Avengers, behind glass too – for this to be later revealed as part of their evil, usually nonsensical, plan. If Abrams, Kurtzmann, Orci and Lindelof have opted for the same gambit, I bet they’re already a little wincey about the fan boy moan mountain that’s bound to arise.
UPDATE: Trek Movie have published the official caption for the image and it’s this:
(Left to right) Zachary Quinto is Spock, Benedict Cumberbatch is John Harrison and Chris Pine is Kirk in STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS from Paramount Pictures and Skydance Productions.
What? John Harrison?
Well, there’s a character called Harrison who featured in several early episodes. His StarTrek.com entry reads:
A technician first-class on the U.S.S. Enterprise in 2267. Harrison nearly suffocated on the bridge when Khan cut the air supply. Captain Kirk’s log reflected a commendation for him.
Interesting… I think I can see what’s going on here… this adds up with some other ideas I’ve heard.
Let me put this together. A “theory” post to follow soon…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014